It is a hair growth medication which contains active ingredient known as Finasteride. Physicians also prescribe to buy Propecia online for treating Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). It is a Type II and Type III reductase inhibitor. This hair growth medication should be used only by a man and not by children or women. The biological half-life of the drug for elderly patient is eight hours and for adults it is 6 hours. It is a prescription only medication.
Propecia medication is known to work by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that is present in the body. Male pattern baldness is very much common due to this conversion only. It would lead to thinning of the hair present in the scalp as a result the hair starts to recede and the balding happens.When the conversion is stopped, it would automatically stop the hair loss and promotes growth.
The medication is available in two different dosage strengths such as 1mg and 5mg. A person who wants Propecia without the prescription to treat male pattern baldness, can choose 1mg pill/day.The benign prostatic hyperplasia patients have to take 5mg or as mentioned by the healthcare professional.
How to take Propecia pills?
Propecia has to be taken as instructed by the medical specialist. You can also check the leaflet that comes along with the packet. Only route of administration of this drug is through mouth. Never take the drug in larger amounts or for a prolonged period of time than it is instructed.
Take the pill only with a glass full of water. Make sure that you take the drug regularly to achieve most benefits. Minimum of three months is required to witness hair growth. Propecia will work properly when it is taken long term. The patients need to take blood tests more often to check whether the medication is providing good effect without causing any hazards to the body.
What are the precautions to be taken while on Propecia medication?
- Prior to taking these pills, you need to consult the doctor about your medical ailments like prostate cancer, liver disease, difficulty in urination, or history of any allergic reaction to the medication.
- It should be taken only to treat male pattern baldness and not just to increase the density of hair.
- Since the medication would trigger prostate cancer it is important to take safety measures as mentioned by the doctor while on treatment.
- If you did not find any improvement in the hair growth even when the drug is taken for a period of 12 months then there is less chance for you to grow hair through this drug.
- When a person achieved successful hair growth and stops the intake of this drug then he would start to lose hair that has been gained so far with the help of the treatment.
- If you are going to be a father of a child then there are chances that the drug would cause hazards to the fetus. You are not supposed to take the medication at least six months before this phase.
What should you do if you miss a dose?
A pill of Propecia should be taken in a day. If you forgot to take it in the morning then you can take it anytime in the day when you remember about it.
What should you do in case of drug overdose?
The overdose would not happen because only a single pill should be taken every day. In case, you took two or more then you need to consult with a medico immediately to avoid ill effects.
Does Propecia trigger side effects?
Taking Propecia medication does trigger some side effects. Some of them are mentioned below.
Less severe ill effects
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Loss of interest in sex
- Swelling in the breasts, feet and hands
- Running nose
- Skin rash
Severe ill effects
- Rapid weight gain
- Redness on the skin
- Sore on the skin that does not heal
- Crusting in the nipple
- Breast enlargement
- Cold sweats
Does Propecia interact with other medications?
Yes Propecia does interact with other drugs when taken together. This all includes over the counter pills, prescription only, vitamins, antibiotics and herbal drugs. Some of the medications that are more likely to intermingle with this hair growth medication are mentioned here.
- Medications that are taken to treat AIDS like ritonavir or Saquinavir
- Antifungal tablets like fluconazole or voriconazole
How to store Propecia pills?
Propecia medication has to be stored in a tight container and it should remain closed when not in use. Make sure that the container is placed away from excessive heat, light and moisture. Children and pets should not mistakenly take this medication hence select a safe place for the storage.
Is getting Propecia overnight possible?
Yes, getting Propecia overnight is possible. Online pharmacies now started to offer this medication overnight to their customers. This medication has to be taken properly without skipping and only then it is possible to get proper results on the condition. To help people, they have developed overnight option and in fact, they are also very successful in it.
Two factors are followed by them. First is that they would have links with different shipping companies. Second is that they would have different distribution centers. Choose a site that follows both these techniques if you want to get the medicine quickly.